The Kayak Anglers’ Society of Tennessee (KAST), has an upcoming competition called Keep It Clean 2016, that puts a different spin on a fishing contest.
This contest is a contest about the best photos submitted, but not of fish. Anglers must submit the best pictures of themselves and others doing waterway cleanup.
The rules state:
During the entire month of September, we are encouraging you to go beyond your normal efforts to help keep TN waterways clean. To make it fun, we’re hosting a photo contest. Get out, pick up some trash, and come up with a creative way to showcase your efforts.
- All trash must be picked up within the state of Tennessee.
- We ask that you focus your efforts on public waterways and launch sites.
- Please submit all photos to the Keep It Clean 2016 event page with ?#?keepitcleantn. This helps us keep track of your photo submissions, and this is why it’s so important to share the event page.
The criteria by which the photo submissions will be judged are:
- Creativity and originality- make your photo stand out by doing something a little differently.
- Community involvement- get your kids, your neighbors, your coworkers involved.
- Level of difficulty- pulling tires out of the river is a lot more difficult than picking up a few empty cans at the launch pad, and should be rewarded to a greater extent.
We will be drawing for the weekly prizes on Sunday nights at 8pm. These prizes will be drawn on a random basis. We will draw a time and the photo that was submitted closest to that time will be the winner.
So, the more pics you post, the better your odds of winning will be. Based on the criteria outlined above, we will select a few photos each week to be eligible for one of the major prizes to be given away at the end of the month.
The photos that were selected to move on for further consideration will be judged by our panel of 5 judges.
One thought on “KAST Holds Keep It Clean Contest”
Comments are closed.